Thursday, January 26, 2017

A Granna Favorite Scripture

2 Nephi 9:50-51
50 Come, my brethren, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters; and he that hath no money, come buy and eat; yea, come buy wine and milk without money and without price.
51 Wherefore, do not spend money for that which is of no worth, nor your labor for that which cannot satisfy. Hearken diligently unto me, and remember the words which I have spoken; and come unto the Holy One of Israel, and feast upon that which perisheth not, neither can be corrupted, and let your soul delight in fatness.

I love this scripture because it reminds me that the really important things are free to everyone. Instead of paying for them with money, we pay for them with love and sacrifice and feasting upon the word of Christ. I hope I can always remember to spend my life on the things that truly count. That's how we find joy!

2 comments:

  1. We like that scripture because just like it's easy to go get a drink of water, it's easy to go read the scriptures if you just make it the priority.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We like this scripture because Granna shared it while our mom was growing up, and it has been a special one to her because of that. It's neat that we are given such a great gift by our Savior, free of price.

    Ipsons

    ReplyDelete